The Church Council met last week and developed a list of new guidelines for our church as we get closer to a new school year. Please contact Pastor Jim Voigt or Council Chair, Tracy Fetters, with any questions.
- We will go back to one service in August. Beginning on Sunday, Aug. 2nd, we will have one service at the new time of 10AM. Masks and social distancing are still encouraged.
- We are continuing to minimize our events and activities as a church until further notice.
- All Scouting Groups that regularly utilize our church are welcomed back for their regular meetings beginning on the first day of school - Tuesday, August 25th. Each group will need to sanitize (tables, doorknobs, plastic chairs, bathrooms) the spaces they utilize before and after use. They will also need to fill out an attendance form of everyone who was present for their meeting.
- Events and activities by other community organizations outside of our Scouting groups will not be permitted until further notice.
- Funerals, weddings, and family reunions will be limited to church members until further notice who must follow the CDC or County guidelines for events. Please continue to wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer often.
- Masks are encouraged but not mandatory.
- We will not serve beverages or snacks on Sunday morning.
- We will not have the nursery available but you are welcomed to use the Cry Room.
- Please practice social distancing as you enter/exit and when seated in the sanctuary.
- Do not attend worship service if you have a fever or don’t feel well.
- We will have the ability soon to provide a live view of the sanctuary during worship for those who would prefer to stay home.
- Communion will not be offered through the sharing of one cup. We will provide each person with their own cup and piece of bread in the most sanitary way possible.
- We will not pass the offering plate. You are encouraged to give through your bank auto withdrawal, through our website, by mailing in a check or you can leave your offering in our new offering boxes that will be located in the back of the sanctuary.
As the pastor of our church, I continue to hold all of our community leaders, teachers, and business owners in my prayers during this new season of the Coronavirus. I appreciate the supportive leadership of our Church Council as we make difficult decisions for the good health of our church and community in each new season. We are all learning new ways to be the church and offer encouragement to one another amongst such challenging times. Do not neglect your times of worship, prayer, scripture reading, and acts of kindness and generosity that anchor each of us to God and our faith. We are all learning what it means to persevere through struggles just like how James (James 1:2) encouraged the church to do so many years ago.
Pastor Jim Voigt